Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mothers Day!

Flowers remind me of my mother. They would have even if she hadn't asked us to remember her with them. While I was in CT I saw some beautiful orchids.
This one reminded me of the colancho (sp?) I have that was Moms.




























But then there was THIS one! I have never seen anything like it! My sister collects orchids which is really great because I bought it for her.



























The really cool thing about it is that once I got it home the top bloom decided to open, and when it did it did so within the grasp of the flower below it. It was such a romantic, loving, sensual thing to watch - but then again maybe I was just anthropomorphizing a flower.



























Isn't that gorgeous!

Happy Mother's Day everyone!

No comments: