Thursday, January 21, 2010

It snowed for a couple of days...

Yesterday afternoon I gave up on the snow ever stopping and went out with Shane to break the trails, again.

Someone

tell

him

not

to

leave

the

house

in

those

pants.


Or else just keep them in front of me...

as incentive.

OK let's not go there.

In other news, we did the back loop in about 40 minutes and was back in time to meet the school bus. The most exciting part was that as I walked her back to the house and she saw her dear Daddy snow shoeing off into the front field, dear Daughter exclaimed,

"Mom! Let's go get MY snowshoes!"

so we did.
You

would

not

believe

the

amazing

snowshoe

Goddess

that

emerged!




I was wowed. She took off in front of me, breaking track, completely unhindered by her cold ankles from lack of snow pants.
She was gleeful!
She was tough!
She was creative and full of fun!
She wants to do it every afternoon now.
As I drove her to school this morning, I asked her if she wanted me to bring pants and snowshoes to the bus stop today.
Daughter said, "No thanks Mom. I am going to sled first today. Then, after we eat, I want to see how it is to snowshoe at night. Snowshoe in the dark. Yea!"

You might wonder where she got that idea?
Yea well... there's an incredible new luge in our front yard.

No comments: