Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Meyer Lemon Curd

This curd is a lemon meringue pie in a jar. I chose the recipe from Marisa McClellan's book Food In Jars but a similar recipe can be found on her blog. Here is her blog post is for Meyer Lemon Curd

I highly recommend trying your hand at making a curd, it is not as scary as it seems, and the only special equipment you need is a thermometer (preferably a candy thermometer) and a double boiler which can be easily made with a stock pot and a large bowl. Here is how I made mine:

I processed mine in hot jars for 25 minutes in a hot water bath. It is shelf stable once canned for two months, so for long term storage it is best to keep it in the freezer.  Any left overs that don't fit in the hot water bath can go in a jar for the fridge. Here is my left overs placed next to my clementine marmalade (recipe coming next) and our neighbor Anne's marmalade (in the fancy jar!) Enjoy!


No comments: