BLUE: Make a Blueberry Dye using 1 cup of mashed blueberries.
GREEN: Make a Spinach Leaf Dye using 1 cup of chopped spinach.
YELLOW: Make a Ground Turmeric Dye using 3-4 Tbsp. of ground turmeric.
BROWN: Make a Coffee Dye substituting 1 quart of brewed black coffee for 1 quart water.
- Put the recommended amount of fruit, vegetable or spice in the pot.
- Add about 1 cup of water per 1 cup of food, and 2 Tbsp. of white vinegar to pot (water level should be about 1" above ingredients).
- Bring to a boil, lower heat and let simmer for 30 minutes.
- Strain out excess ingredients with a cheesecloth or coffee filter for a smooth liquid dye.
- Let cool to room temperature before dyeing eggs.