Monday, February 16, 2009

Homemade Baby Wipes

Our good friends just had a baby girl named Asher, who is having some sensitivity to wipes. I offered to change her diaper this morning, and when Dad handed me one wet paper towel and one dry paper towel, I remembered that I too had used paper towels for a sensitive child. I went and quickly dug up my old homemade baby wipes recipe and realized that that was one of my earlier efforts in sustainability. So in honor of Asher, I can't think of a a better post for today than this recipe.

Ingredients
1 3-quart lidded plastic container (like Rubbermaid or Tupperware)
1 roll of paper towels
1 Tablespoon any baby shampoo
2 Tablespoons any baby oil
1.5 cups boiling hot water

Process
  • Cut paper towel roll in half. (you will use 1/2 per recipe so reserve second half for next time)
  • Place half of roll, cut side down, in the plastic container. (do not remove cardboard center)
  • In a bowl, combine all ingredients.
  • Slowly poor over 1/2 paper towel roll.
  • Put lid on, and let towels thoroughly absorb liquid.
  • Remove cardboard center and enjoy many happy diaper changes.

No comments: