Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Blisters and Sweat Equity

I have a goal for this summer: don't let the heat keep me out of the garden. I have a plan to make this years garden the best Resistance garden ever. I am going to can, preserve, pressure can, and dehydrate the living guts out of everything it produces. I am a woman on a mission.

This past weekend I met my goal for the first time. Despite sizzling heat and sun, I refused to start my inside tasks before I had crops reseeded and my second rotation of onions (both red and white) in the ground. It was touch and go for a while there, but through grit and water, I persisted. This only problem? A sunburn? Hell yes but in my haste to get the heck out of there and into shade as fast as possible, I worked my trowel a bit too hard without gloves on.
Ouch!

No comments: