Friday, January 7, 2011

My newsest Noro Hat


This is my sister Mush wearing the Christmas present I made her. I took a gamble with it, in color but more so the fiber I chose. This was the first Noro hat I made out of more fiber than wool or silk and as a result is thicker gauge.
To make Mush's hat, I used one skein of Noro Kochoran , with a fiber content of 50% Wool, 20% Silk, and 30% Angora. It is thicker than the Noro I typically use and has a wonderful halo effect when knitted.I got my first skein of this Noro from Steve last winter that. I then used for a hat for my MIL. The remainder of it I used for the first beer sweater SP now uses. The thickness of this Noro yarn on size three needles made blisters on my fingers.

Typically this Noro hat pattern is made using Noro Kureyon, 100% Wool recommended Needle size: 7, and I use roughly 1.5 skeins per hat.The Kocharan, hahaha , it calls for size 10 needles, I made it on 6 maybe 7. I have also made this hat using one of the Noro Silk Gardens which it acts just like the Kureyon. After seeing what a smashing success Mush's hat is, and I am sure its also toasty in windy cold winter, I am already decreasing the rows on a Kochoran hat for ME to replace my missing Silk Garden Hat. Pictures soon to follow I am sure.

I am contemplating custom making these, one at a time, on Etsy. Wonder what I would price them at. Any thoughts?

No comments: